[x264-devel] PATCH: Add parameter to x264_param_t to enable recon generation

Dennis Munsie dmunsie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:14:02 CET 2010

I've attached my first attempt at making a patch for enabling the recon
pixel generation.  Currently libx264 is already generating reconstructed
pixels and returning them via pic_out when you call x264_encoder_encode(),
but there are times when the deblocker might not be run.  This patch simply
adds a parameter that indicates that the calling program is interested in
the reconstructed pixels and insures that the deblocker is always called.

There is some room for improvement that I didn't pursue at this time -- the
code that copies the recon pixels into pic_out could be modified to use this
flag, for example.  Also the code that dumps the recon pixels to a output
file could use this flag instead of the current method of checking the char
* with the output filename in it. I didn't want to make big changes at the
moment, but if there is interest I could take a look at making another patch
for those as well.
--
dennis