[x264-devel] CODEC-CAP-TRUNCATED

doron jacoby doron.jacoby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:35:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to view video stream which was generated using x264, with
multislice enabled. for some reason, i fail to watch the stream using my a
viewer which is based on FFMPEG.

On the client side i got lots of errors: [h264 @ 0xaaa05c00] concealing 1536
DC, 1536 AC, 1536 MV errors

Looking in my client software, i saw that during decoder initialization i
check if it support CODEC_CAP_TRUNCATED, and it doesn't.

When i used older FFMPEG lib, everything works fine; CODEC_CAP_TRUNCATED was
supported, and multislice works fine.

i am using latest x264 and FFMPEG code, compile and run them on Windows,
using Msys for compilation.

Can anyone think of a reason why it's not working? can anyone explain what
is CODEC_CAP_TRUNCATED?

thanks,

Doron