[x264-devel] preventing IDRs

Dennis Munsie dmunsie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:02:19 CEST 2010

This happen to be one of those times where we are not in the obvious
use-case -- unfortunately I can't talk about the specifics, but we do need
to have more accurate control of when IDRs occur in our stream for other
reasons.

It does look like x264 will still encode I macroblocks instead, which means
the coding efficiency should still be pretty good -- is there any other
potential issues I should be aware of that might arise because we
are suppressing IDRs in x264?

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari at gmail.com

--
dennis