[x264-devel] Found NALU with forbidden_bit set

declan harrison harrison.declan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 13:09:38 CEST 2010

Hi

Im using ffmpeg/libx264 API to create flash video with H264 video
content.  The problem is the video plays for a period of time and then
stops playing and the audio continues playing.

When I put the streams through H264Visa, it plays the video until
frame 395 and then reports this error "Found NALU with forbidden_bit
set ". It plays 5 more frames and then says its end of stream, when
theres more video to play.  I suspect thats why it wont play to the
end of the file.

I have posted a similar question on ffmpeg forum but have had no
feedback, so I suspected that my question was posted in the wrong
location.

Im using the lib264 ultra fast preset to encode the video content.
I'm switching stream coder part way through process.

Do I need to provide more details here? Video content?  Any help much
appreciated.

Version Details
x264 0.102.x
FFmpeg 0.9 SVN-r24665

Im running on Linux RHEL 5.4

I can provide more information, please let me know what details are
requried and I will provide it.

Thank

Declan