[x264-devel] *.flv format to some format that is accepted by encoder?

#ARIJIT BISWAS# arijit17 at pmail.ntu.edu.sg
Tue Apr 5 09:02:44 CEST 2011

Dear all!

I’m a newbie in video processing.

I downloaded some files from YouTube in *.flv format. And I want to do some quick experiments with the x264 encoder.

Does anyone know how to convert the *flv format into some format that could be an input to the encoder?
The encoder help says:
"Infile can be raw (in which case resolution is required),
  or YUV4MPEG (*.y4m),
  or Avisynth if compiled with support (yes).
  or libav* formats if compiled with lavf support (no) or ffms support (no).
  or any file that can be rendered in DirectShow."

So, does anyone know how to convert *.flv format into any of the above input formats?

Best Regards,
~Arijit

**Disclaimer**
The sender of this email is NOT authorized to represent or act on behalf of Nanyang Technological
University in any matter or transaction by means of using this email account.

Nanyang Technological University will not be responsible for any content or views expressed in this
email and this email does not express the views or opinions of the Nanyang Technological University.