[x264-devel] How to drop slice/packet to introduce losses for h264

Hardik Sharma hardik.sharma22 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 20:16:46 CEST 2011

Thanks Den and Michael. I can drop packets or slices in JM but i want to repeat the same scenario of packet loss of 1%,3%,5% and 10% to compare it with the results from JM.

<michael.schier at uibk.ac.at>wrote: >hi, >>parse the bitstream for annex b separation byte sequences, they mark the >start of NAL units. >from the next byte, you get >forbidden_zero_bit >nal_ref_idc >nal_unit_type >>just look at the spec. >>Am Mittwoch, den 17.08.2011, 19:49 -0700 schrieb Hardik Sharma: >> Hi >> >> >> I am doing some experiment to check how x264 react to packet or slice >> drop in h264 video streams. I already experimented with several sets >> of parameters to compare ffmpeg with JM. Can anyone tell me or help me >> to find out that how I can drop slices in x264? I really appreciate >> any kind of help. Thanks >> >>