[x264-devel] Any control over NAL sizes?

Dennis Munsie dmunsie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:13:08 CET 2011

I didn't see anything pop out at me in the x264.h file, but is there any control over NAL sizes exposed in the library? Something like setting a target NAL size based on the available payload in a UDP packet, for example.  So instead of having to take one NAL and split it over N packets, the NALs would have an upper limit and the encoder would output variable sized slices to hit that limit and each NAL would fit in a packet.

In this case, I'm only talking about slice (type 1) and IDR slice (type 5) NALs -- I'm not concerned about any of the others.

thanks!
dennis