[x264-devel] x264 low latency and Flash ??

Joaquim Muchaxo jmuchaxo at ithaca.pt
Tue Jan 11 21:18:33 CET 2011

(Jason)
  In this case it is not a live stream,
However low latecy  is Very important bacause I switch from video to
still pictures when the video is on pause
latency has been messing things up because the video / still image are
not of the same time.
( I only load part of a panoramic image )

The video is made from a sequence of HD still images

Woud I have the option of determining what is the latency of every
encoded frame ?
I could write that log to XML or to video metadata (cuepoints) and use
that in my flash app

regards,
Joaquim

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser <jason at x264.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Joaquim Muchaxo <jmuchaxo at ithaca.pt> wrote:
>> Dear X264 developers ,
>>  I am working on a project and need to reduce latency for videos to be
>> played in Flash ,
>> I am using parameters as documented on   Diary Of An x264 Developer  (
>> http://x264dev.multimedia.cx/archives/249 )
>>
>> It is required to be able to seek the video, so I found that
>> --intra-refresh --ref 1  are not a solution  (Flash won't be able to
>> seek)
>
> If you can seek, it isn't a live stream.  If it isn't a live stream,
> latency is irrelevant/meaningless.
>
> Jason

Joaquim Muchaxo