[x264-devel] Restricting the number of bits in a macroblock

Andrew Jackson alj at twintechnologies.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 18:20:33 CET 2011

Dear all,

I wrote in September asking about whether or not x264 restricts the
number of bits in a macro block.  Loren (Merritt) was kind enough to reply.

After further digging and debugging I find that the decoder which I'm
using throws out frames (until the next key frame) when it sees a
macroblock with too many bits in it.  I don't want to use non-psy RDO so
please could someone point me at the right area of x264 code that I
should look at in order to enforce this restriction?

	Thank you

	Andrew