[x264-devel] a perhaps unpopular topic

Steven Miller stevenraymillerjr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:42:07 CET 2011

Quicktime. Unfortunately for me, it's a requirement. I'm using
'main at 3.0' a resolution of 720x368 at 24fps, progressive dvd source.
I've tried the video on multiple versions of quicktime and windowsxp
of various service packs. I have a horizontal flicker when in
fullscreen mode. The flicker is usually towards the top of the screen
in high motion scenes and scene changes. This behavior is not seen
using any other app. Apple claims the 'main' profile is supported in
it's entirety, but ...

Any ideas?

MEncoder SVN-r32743-4.5.1 / x264-snapshot-20110104-2245

Let me know if I can provide any more info or if this isn't the proper
forum for this question.

Thanks,
Steve