[x264-devel] proposal: nal-hrd and interlacing

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Fri Jul 1 12:46:52 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I've spent "some" time to find out that you need to enable nal-hrd if you want your interlaced material to be played back properly. I don't know
what's the relation between the two, but it clearly doesn't work without nal-hrd, the motion is jerky on a stb.

Can this be prevented by either adding it to the usage screen, or enable nal-hrd automatically when interlaced encoding is selected or print a warning
message when interlacing is enabled but nal-hrd isn't (I favour the last option)?

Thanks.