[x264-devel] proposal: nal-hrd and interlacing

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Thu Jul 21 13:39:53 CEST 2011

Thanks guys for the hints.

I think I've found the issue. I was completely on the wrong track, I was misled by the
"combined" patch of nal-hrd and interlacing support.

The selection of nal-hrd doesn't make the difference indeed. I was stung by a ffmpeg
issue, it sets the params.b_interlaced from it's own state (e.g. from a "+flags ildct"
option), overriding any "-x264opts tff=1" value. On the other hand it doesn't (always?)
pass tff correctly, so you end op using -top 1 -flags +ildct -x264opts "tff=1" to get it
right.

I really believe that I tested this with the x264 cli as well, but apparently not :-(

Sorry guys, I'll nag the ffmpeg guys.