[x264-devel] cannot build x264: error on the binutils stuff

Jonas Kuepper Jonas.Kuepper at cinepostproduction.de
Tue Jun 14 22:42:53 CEST 2011

 Hi there,

i try to build x264 on a x64-server running Suse Enterprise Linux 10 SP1 . Sadly i'm running into a compile error which says
Found GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.21
Minimum version is binutils-2.17
Your compiler can't handle inline SSSE3 asm.

this is caused by the error
gcc conftest.c  -Wall -I. -std=gnu99    -lm -o conftest
/tmp/cclSP4Km.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cclSP4Km.s:12: Error: no such instruction: `pabsw %xmm0,%xmm0'