[x264-devel] Wrong reply

雾卡 316855257 at qq.com
Mon Mar 7 11:31:35 CET 2011

I think you have sent the wrong reply to me,that's not my questions。My original letter is:

I am doing study on the Rate Control of Macroblock level based on X264, I have read some documents of this aspect, but there exists some questions, I need your help to make these clear:

1、Dose X264 supports the Macroblock level Rate Control?

2、If it supports, Is it right I choose the VBV(the same as CBR?)mode? And only VBV mode support the Macroblock layer rate control ,What about other modes?
3、If VBV allows macroblock layer RC, how should I set the command line parameter about the Rate Control, must I set the following parameters, and how to?

-B/--bitrate ,--vbv-maxrate ,--vbv-bufsize ,--vbv-init

Look forward to your early reply. So appreciate!

sincerely yours

Jane