[x264-devel] Encode motion in selected rectangle

Max Lapshin max.lapshin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 19:26:34 CET 2011

I'm creating now encoder using libx264: it takes video from
surveillance camera, unpacks it,
process and encode only small rectangle.

I have hardware tool that can tell me where movement is, so in each
moment I have map of blocks, where movement is and
let libx264 work only in this small region. It is required to lower
bitrate, because there is noise on matrix and I want
to use this trick to block any useless calculations on FullHD image
and encode only real movement.

I've saw topic:
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x264-devel/2010-November/007874.html
(about infrared cameras),
but I haven't understood: is it what I need?

I thought about some API, that will require from me list of changed
macroblocks.  Google didn't help me, because I haven't found
anything about my problem there.