[x264-devel] libx264 warning

Diego Carvalho Domingos diego.cdomingos2010 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:18:40 CEST 2011

My task is kind complex. I need something in realtime. I'm receiving
h264 rtp packets from the internet and I need to change their
resolution before forwarding them. I've created a class to create a
frame from the packets, decode it with libavcodec, rescale it with
libswscale, reencode it, again with libavcodec, that uses libx264 (I
couldn't get it working using x264 directly), and finally convert the
frame to packets again and forward them. I have the packet timestamp
information. Is it possible to use it to avoid this warning. Actually,
I am not sure about the parameters (AVCodecContext) I am using to
encode (I couldn't find much information about this on the internet)
and because of that the video quality is not so good as well:
encoderCtx->bit_rate = 400000;
encoderCtx->me_method = ME_HEX;
encoderCtx->time_base.num = 1;
encoderCtx->time_base.den = 25;
encoderCtx->width = outWidth;
encoderCtx->height = outHeight;
encoderCtx->gop_size = 10;
encoderCtx->pix_fmt = PIX_FMT_YUV420P;
encoderCtx->qcompress = 0.6;
encoderCtx->qmin = 1;
encoderCtx->qmax = 10;
encoderCtx->max_qdiff = 4;
encoderCtx->max_b_frames = 1;
encoderCtx->me_range = 16;
I know that here is not the right place to ask about libavcodec but
maybe you know about this parameters. I think all my problems could be
solved if I use the correct parameters. And I don't even know if this
is the best solution to achieve my goal. I appreciate any help or
suggestions. Thanks