[x264-devel] SoC 2011 Trellis ME

Dan Larkin danielhlarkin at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:19:58 CEST 2011

Hello everyone.  I'm Dan Larkin, and I'll be working on adding trellis
motion estimation to x264 during this year's Summer of Code.  There's been
some promising research on the benefits of using trellis optimization for
motion vector refinement, so it'll be my task to figure out how to make this
happen in the encoder we all know and love so much.  I'm currently working
on a standalone prototype to test a few different approaches before
determining exactly how to proceed.  Hopefully I'll have some nice results
to report soon.

Dan