[x264-devel] Efficiently encoding synthetic data

Tsahi Gilk tsahi.glik at cloudon.com
Wed Nov 9 19:52:01 CET 2011

What is fast pskip do?

I have the same situation with very small sub area of the frame is changed from frame to frame.

Tsahi.

ב-7 בנוב 2011, בשעה 05:44, "Jason Garrett-Glaser" <jason at x264.com<mailto:jason at x264.com>> כתב/ה:

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Chris Waters <watersco at gmail.com<mailto:watersco at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,
I want to encode a synthetically sequence of images into an H.264 video with
as little CPU as possible. By synthetically generated I mean that my
 program is generating the images – so I already know a number of
characteristics of each frame. For example I know which parts of each frame
differ from the previous frame – i.e. the rectangle containing the pixels
that have changed from the previous frame.
I am trying to work out if there is a way to tell x264 that only pixels
within a certain rectangle have changed when encoding each frame. It seems
to me that if I could do this then a lot of computation could be saved
because it wouldn't be necessary to do anything related to motion
estimation

x264 already has fast pskip, which already does this (albeit at a small cost).

Jason