[x264-devel] 48 fps in h.264/x264

James Gardiner james.gardiner at digitall.net.au
Thu Nov 10 22:26:29 CET 2011

Hello dev list.
I have a question for you.
The Hobbit is going to be shown in 48fps in cinemas.

I was looking into distribution standards for 48fps, and it does not seem
to fit into any common standard.
Still, I tried using ffmpeg to convert a 48fps DPX source into a 48fps x264
mp4 file with no luck.

So, I thought I would ask you guys directly (Who should know) is it
possible to make a 48fps h.264 compressed mp4/mkv file?

If so, can you point me in the direction, (general command arguments etc)

Regards,
James Gardiner
[m] +61 4 12 997011

*digitAll *pty ltd / Digital Cinema Network Australia (DCN)
Development Office
One Kings Place,
South Melbourne, VIC 3205
[p] +61 3 9686 5415