[x264-devel] Degrade video quality by time

Alex S flashsupporter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:23:43 CEST 2011

I am using x264 in ABR and CBR mode. However, the quality is degraded by
time.

If I use CQP ratecontrol method, the quality is acceptable at bitrate
160kbps. However, with the same bitrate (or even higher) in ABR/CBR mode,
video quality is degraded by time and unacceptable.

Here is context setting in my code:
x264_param_default_preset(&param, "veryfast", "zerolatency");
x264_param_apply_profile(&param, "main");
param.i_threads = 1;
param.i_width = width;
param.i_height = height;
param.i_fps_num = fps;
param.i_fps_den = 1;
param.i_keyint_max = fps * 2
param.b_intra_refresh = 0;
param.rc.i_bitrate = 164     ;
param.rc.i_vbv_max_bitrate = 164;
param.rc.i_rc_method = X264_RC_ABR;
param.b_repeat_headers = 1;
param.b_annexb = 1;
Could anybody help me to modify or add other setting parameters to solve the
problem?

Thank you!
Alex