[x264-devel] MPEG2 Interlaced development work for x262

Michael kazmier dakazmier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:58:52 CEST 2011

All,

We are interested in sponsoring a work-for-hire project to complete
the development of interlaced encoding support into x262.  I am
looking for bids from independent contractors to complete the
development work, here is some additional information on the project:

* Target development completion date: 12/31/2011
* Target bid selection / start date of 11/1/2011
* Development efforts will be copyrighted by Avail-TVN (part of the
work for hire agreement) but released under the GPL/x264 commercial
license under the x262 google project until x262 is merged with x264
* Agreed upon payment will be made upon project completion, we are
willing to offer a bonus for early (prior to 12/15) completion but
also penalties for late completion (post 12/31/2011).
* MP at HL support required for up to 1920x1080i interlaced encoding
* Only 4:2:0 chroma mode need be supported
* The implementation must contain support for both PAFF and MBAFF
whereas in MBAFF mode the macro block should be evaluated for the best
compression in either frame or field mode.  In PAFF mode, the frame
shall be encoded with all macro blocks encoded in field mode.

For any questions, feel free to respond to this email publicly or
privately, or you can reach me as DaKaZ in #x264dev.

Thanks,

--Mike