[x264-devel] Weighting quantization

Axel Voss axvo at ymail.com
Sun Oct 30 19:07:51 CET 2011

I am testing x264 with several HD clips in CBR-Mode level 4.0 single pass and compare it to hardware encoder. The results are excellent for the x264 - but there is one exception: the CrowdRun clip.  The running people are clearly more highly detailed than the relatively static tree in the background. Its few moved brabches are a mash. It seems that tree is quantized more badly than the runners. How can I change the quantization to a bit favour the tree?
Some parameters:
param.i_me_method = 1;
 param.i_subpel_refine= 7;
 param.i_trellis= 1;