[x264-devel] dct.c "sub16x16_dct8" function not called.

Nilanka Rajapaksha nilankaraja at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:08:38 CEST 2011

Hi Everyone,

First of all I am not sure if this mailing list is the place to ask this sort
of  question, if it is not I am sorry.
If someone could kindly direct me for the suitable place to ask this question
I appreciate it.

I am a graduate student who's trying to change the x264 code so than it
include one of our dct algorithms.
I am from a electrical engineering background and I am bit new to C but bit
familiar with C++.
I read a bit about the H.264 and have some understanding about it.

I found that "sub16x16_dct8" function in the file common/dct.c but when I put
a breakpoint there the excecution is not coming to that point.  Why is that?
Is that because of the way I have run ./configure ?
I tried using the  "./configure  --disable-asm --enable-debug"
and ran program using the command
" ./x264 --crf 24 --profile main -o example.mkv example.y4m".

I am a bit overwhelmed by the size of the code, options etc. and I for my
project
(testing my dct with the x264 codec) I am unable to find a starting point.
If someone can direct me with regard to this, (something to read, which place
to edit and replace with my code) I am thankful.

regards,

Nilanka