[x264-devel] Crash bug

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Tue Sep 20 06:31:44 CEST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:49:46 -0400, Leo Izen wrote:
> Hey, I found a crash bug, I compiled without --enable-strip and
> with --enable-debug then followed the ffmpeg guidelines on ffmpeg.org.

> Here's the gdb dump:

> http://pastebin.com/MkzRW2n8

> The input file test.y4m is 10 seconds of video extracted from Big
> Buck Bunny with FFmpeg. The file plays fine with VLC, so its not a
> decoder problem. I'm running 2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64 Fedora 15 Linux,
> but the program was compiled with MinGW and is i686. I was running it through wine.

Your gdb dump is not very useful because it fully miss names in
backtrace. All I can say from disassembler is that is
x264_memzero_aligned_sse2 and it gets not 16-byte aligned pointer
which can't be so this probably miscompilation because all 3 places
where memzero_aligned used it get 16-byte aligned dest. So either
compiler didn't honor align directives or dunno.