[x264-devel] x264 Crash on Win64 (and Win32)

Leo Izen leo.izen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:55:21 CEST 2011

I encountered a segmentation fault on Windows that doesn't occur on Linux. I
configure with ./configure --enable-debug --enable-win32thread, and I ran
gdb on the resulting x264.exe.

Here's the gdb dump:

http://pastebin.com/2u1ms8Y7

Apparently it's occurring in x264_memzero_aligned_sse2, but only on Windows.

My system is Windows Vista x86_64. My compiler is x86_64-w64-mingw32, from
here<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Automated%20Builds/>,
with host system i686-mingw (latest). I'm using the latest version of x264's
git (compiled yesterday), and the latest mingw-w64 for my platform. I've
noticed the same segfault when compiling for windows 32-bit, but this was
easier to file a bug report with.

Bye the way, thanx for creating a great free software program.