[x264-devel] Opaque pointer for nalu processing?

Killian De Smedt killiands at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:59:01 CEST 2012

Hello,

Today I tried to setup my encoding system using nalu_process to handle NAL
unit encoding and transmission. However, my application can handle multiple
(dynamic) streams, but I have no way to differentiate between them in the
actual nalu_process call. After some discussion on IRC it turned out I
could only do this by creating a new function per stream. While I can use
this as a workaround (nr of streams = low), this does seem like a dirty
solution and it leads to code bloat because I have to create systems to
allocate streams to a static callback.

I was wondering if there is another possibility to differentiate between
streams in nalu_process, or alternatively if it is possible (as a feature
request) to copy the opaque pointer from pic_in/fenc into the x264_nal_t
structure before calling nalu_process?

Kind regards,

Killian