[x264-devel] libx264 for Blackfin?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:28:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Harald Krapfenbauer
<harald.krapfenbauer at bluetechnix.com> wrote:
>> which sounds quite useful. But I doubt that any of these instructions will
>> currently be used by x264, so you will need to write all these
>> optimizations for yourself.
>
> That is want I want to know, if there are plans to implement this, like it has been for NEON, ALTIVEC, etc.

In most open source projects, there are few things planned (besides
maybe adding features from an existing spec) since all the work is
done by volunteers.

Therefore, if someone is interested in having some particular work
done, there are only 3 solutions:
 - do that work,
 - sponsor someone to do it,
 - wait for someone to do it for you, if it ever happens,

Best regards,

Guillaume
--
If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the
significance of a clean desk?