[x264-devel] Enable non-deterministic mode by default?

Philip Muzzall philipmuzzall at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:10:28 CET 2012

I've read that disabling deterministic mode can help during symmetric
multiprocessing at the cost of exact reproducibility. Since we would be
streaming live and practically unable to reproduce the source material I
don't think this is a problem, however I can't figure out a way to enable
it within ffmpeg. Is there a boolean flag in the code somewhere that I can
change to enable non-deterministic mode by default?