[x264-devel] Encoding frames with libavcodec

Dolevo Jay cmst at live.com
Fri Dec 7 15:31:27 CET 2012

Perfect!
My last question (for this week :) )

I am capturing images from the screen, encoding them frame by frame
using H264 (x264), sending them to the client and there decode them
frame by frame and show on the screen.

In my project, latency is important but not a problem up to let say 300
ms. For this purpose, I set my encoder parameter by using:

x264_param_default_preset(&param, "ultrafast", "zerolatency");
and also,
x264_param_apply_profile(&param, "baseline");

Is this all that I can do? I mean these commands will do the best for zerolatency ultrafast encoding for me? What else can I do?

Thanks.