[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:38:56 CET 2012

On 01/02/2012 5:29 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> True, but FFV1 does support 10-bit (I think?)  If not, modifying
> either for 10-bit support is probably not very difficult (and should
> be done!).
>
> Jason

I don't think it does (could be wrong), and it is horribly slow :P.

Either gotta wait for FFV2 or the one I'm supposed to be coding with
Marc FD right now... <_<

The other thing is... can you even get FFV1/FFV2 into e.g. Adobe
products or FCP(X) on a mac? Did anyone ever write a sane
libavcodec-based QTX or whatever it is?

In concept, AVC Intra isn't a terrible idea... but apparently so in
practice. :/ A near-lossless codec with a prefilter + lossless
compression could be sane (and have absolutely no generational loss
too!) for filesize-limited environments.

</end_rambling>

- Derek