[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Thu Feb 2 00:29:37 CET 2012

Hi
You are quiet expert in intra prediction process and so you may know how i
can solve my problem.
I want to detect the 4x4 intra prediction modes by just parsing a h.264
video file. it look like a partial decoder just for extracting intra
prediction modes. I am looking for the bit stream that represent this
modes, logically they should follow a bit stream pattern standard as their
header and trailer, am i right? I could not find these bit patterns in
ITU-T standard chapter (9) yet...
In chapter 7 says rem_intra4x4_pred_mode is an unsigned integer in 3 bit
and (u(3) and ae(v) ). but with 3 bit in u(3) how can we represent 9 mode?
and how can i interpret ae(v)?
You have any idea?
Amir