[x264-devel] Intel Compiler 64 bit for x264

Steven Walters kemuri9 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:30:02 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM, ISEI KO <yiqing.huang.ips at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am an engineer working on x264. Recently, I tried compile x264 on win32
> and win64 system.
> The purpose and to generate lib files for Visual Studio use.
> I also bought Intel Compiler and read your instruction.
> For win32 system, the intelCompiler+msys works file.
> when I use IntelCompiler(64bit cmd prompt)+msys, the output exe can
> run flawlessly. however, when using lib file in visual studio project. The
> memory access violation occurs?
>
> Could help me with that?
> I write this email just to make sure whether you are available or not.
>
> Your reply is quite appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Best,
> Charles

It is best not to email me directly, as you're limiting your options on who
can provide assistance on your issue.
As such, I've included the development mailing list for x264.

Now as to your issue, there is a lack of information on being able to
assist in discerning the underlying cause here:
Which version of the Intel Compiler are you using?
Which year and edition of Visual Studio did you integrate Intel Compiler
into (e.g. 2010 Ultimate)?
Is it when trying to use the 32bit or the 64bit library that the crash
occurs, or both?
Also, please provide detail on the code of how you're using x264 that
causes the crash.