[x264-devel] Request for i_slice_max_size setting explanation

Alexander Sbitnev alexander.sbitnev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 13:52:48 CET 2012

   Does setting i_slice_max_size to 1400 means NAL units can go up to
1400 bytes in size?
I've tried 1400 and maximum NAL size i currently seen was 1391 bytes. Is
there some constant value involved, limiting NAL size up to
(i_slice_max_size - CONST). Or is it just a very small chances to see
NAL units going all the way up to its maximum size?
   I am confused because there are also some words about overhead
included during i_slice_max_size evaluation.