[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

Edward Richards edward at edwardandalison.com
Mon Jan 30 22:04:17 CET 2012

Hi Jason,

I just looked in the tarball and saw that at .\avci_encoder\x264\ provided 4
patch files and that they are patched against x264-snapshot-20120129-2245

Jason, is there any chance you'll fold this into mainline? I'm very
interested in having AVC Intra 50 & 100 support that is decoder friendly (vs
spec friendly).

Rallymax.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Joseph Artsimovich <joseph at mirriad.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At MirriAd Ltd we created a command-line "AVC Intra 100" encoder based
> on libx264. As it turns out, getting your bitstream accepted by
> various existing decoders is much harder than merely complying with
> the spec. In the end, we had to make a number of changes to libx264
> itself to make that possible. These changes are quite ad-hoc and
> therefore aren't suitable for inclusion into libx264 as is, though the
> x264 team should have no difficulties turning them into something more
> generic if there is interest in doing that.
>
> In compliance with the GPL, we release both our command-line encoder
> and our changes to libx264 under the same license. Source archive:
> ftp://ftp.uk.mirriad.com/pub/gpl/avci_encoder.tar.gz
>
> Please don't expect us to support this code, though I will hang on
> this mailing list for a while, answering questions.
>
> --
> Joseph Artsimovich
> Senior C++ Applications Developer
> MirriAd Ltd

Is it possible for you to post a diff instead of a tarball?  A diff is
vastly easier to read, and I don't know what revision to compare your
tarball against.

Jason