[x264-devel] AVC Intra encoder based on libx264

Sven Dueking sven at nablet.com
Tue Jan 31 08:01:44 CET 2012

Hi Jason,

I assume AVC Intra means conform to SMPTE 2027 (AVC Intra-Frame Coding
Specification for SSM Card Applications).
According to the spec, transform_8x8_mode_flag equal to 1 is just a
recommendation and there is no statement about the slice structure. That´s
different to the Panasonic specification, 8x8 transform and frame structure
using 10 slices with a fixed number of MBs (which results in the a new slice
in the middle) are both mandatory.

Hope this helps and yes, it´s a mess :)

Sven