[x264-devel] Is it right for setting bitrate to zero in "X264_RC_ABR" mode.

alexander tian tian.alexandertian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:00:35 CEST 2012

Hi, everyone

I use new version to encode video in cbr/abr mode. I think the program will
return error when I set the bitrate to zero. I test it. But I find the
program encode the sequences successfully. The qp value is 51 for every
encoded frame. I trace the program. Then I find the value of q is "1.#INF"
when divide zero in function "get_qscale".

I wonder whether the program should return error when I set br to zero in
"X264_RC_ABR" mode. Thanks for your reply.

sincerely

Alexander Tian
20120703