[x264-devel] The quantization parameter

Toufik MOAD toufik.moad at inria.fr
Mon Jul 2 17:58:35 CEST 2012

Hello,
I have just installed the codec vlc compilation mode.my OS is ubuntu.  I
documented the process of video compression and I found that video
compression goes through several stages. The step of quantization step
is the most impotant because it is there where we decide the rate of
compression. The quantization step manipulates a parameter called: The
quantization parameter. I would like to extract this parameter from the
vlc code.
However, i could not find the part of the code where it is implemented.

I would be grateful to give me ideas on which part pf the code i can
manipulate this quantifucation parameter.

Toufik