[x264-devel] Getting SIGSEGV on Android port of the lib?

Marko Matić cipiripper at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:28:00 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I am trying to play around with gstreamer. It has x264 plugin... and I
guess not changed x264 code. Now, I tried to encode raw video from test
video source, and I get SIGSEGV in libx264.so. And it looks like code is
dereferencing a NULL... Exact error location is in file "analyse.c" line
963. And it is this line:

h->mc.memcpy_aligned( h->mb.pic.i8x8_dct_buf, h->dct.luma8x8,
sizeof(h->mb.pic.i8x8_dct_buf) );

My device's CPU is Cortex 8 and it has NEON feature...

I tried to printout all h fields, and only h->dct is zero (0), other ones
have some values...

How can I know what is throwing SIGSEGV? Is this a known bug or an expected
behavior on ARM CPU or I am missing some encoder configuration?

- Marko