[x264-devel] About level_idc in sdp offer/answer

Andrew Krupiczka andrewk at vbrick.com
Mon Jul 16 15:50:28 CEST 2012

Hi Min,

In principle, the level_idc implies processing capability limits of your encoder/decoder.
In the videoconferencing negotiation protocol situation normally you need to agree to tech. characteristics (incl. levels) which are supported by all involved devices - in your case it is a lower/common/shared level supported by both clients.
Having said that, it is possible that a particular device could also support higher levels - I'd advise to look at device(s) spec. to see what max. level it is able to support.
Best regards,

Andrew