[x264-devel] Getting SIGSEGV on Android port of the lib?

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Tue Jul 17 23:22:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:05:48 -0400, Sean McGovern wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM, BugMaster <BugMaster at narod.ru> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:53:25 +0200, Marko Matic wrote:
>>
>>> So, now I disabled NEON? What are the side-effects of this fix?
>>
>> no, at least not all NEON optimazations but only memcpy_aligned
>> function which looks like caused problem for some unknown (I still
>> don't undestand why) reason.
>>

> Is it possible it's trying to memcpy between overlapping pointers?

> -- Sean McG.

Doubtful, at least I don't remember any place in code where this can
happen. And the place it crashed in analyse.c definitely was not such
case. The crash happened due pc register (instruction address) became
zero. Dunno how this happen but doubt it was h->mc.memcpy_aligned
function variable itself (only if it was somehow overwritten
indirectly). More probable is some stack problems inside it
implementation of x264_memcpy_aligned_neon that cause jumping to zero address.