[x264-devel] SPS/PPS information in x264

Karthick Kumar karthik1990r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:52:52 CEST 2012

Hi all,
Currently. I'm working on a live streaming application where x264 is used
for encoding the frames.
        I would like to know about sequence/picture parameter sets defined
as part of NAL structure.
1) How these sets are useful at decoder side when the resolution is being
changed at the encoder?
2) When the "sps-id" command option in x264 will be useful in my
application or in general? What x264 api's should be used to change the
sps/pps id?
3)Would the decoder use sps/pps data for error correction if the received
packets are corrupted?

Thanks in advance...