[x264-devel] intra and inter bitrate setting

pariya raoufi pariya.raoufi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:50:15 CET 2012

Hi

I am using x264 for encoding. I need to set the bitrate for intra and inter
frames separately or at least their ratio. I know how to set the bitrate. I
know that QP has effect on bitrate for different kind of frames and I can
set the ratio of inter and intra qp with --ipratio. But I don't know how qp
and bitrate are related to each other. I would appreciate if you can help
me. If there is other encoder like JM that can set the bitrate , it works
for me. Thanks a lot.

Bests,
Pariya.