[x264-devel] Needed: x264 expert in Los Angeles area

Jim Ellison jim at exaimage.com
Fri Mar 23 21:12:19 CET 2012

Folks,

We have an immediate need for someone nearby who has the right skills and
would like to be involved with some really exciting developments in the
world of video codecs.  What we really need is someone strong in H.264 in
general and x264 in particular.

Exaimage develops beyond-the-state-of-the-art video compression
technologies.  We have productized our technology and are initializing
income-producing applications.  We are a small, with focused needs and high
growth potential.

Job Description

Qualifications.  Essential - expert in H.264, immediate availability, with
strong C/C++ software programming skills and experience.  (Please do not
respond unless you are expert in x264 and C/C++.)

Valuable - video compression, math/computer science background, a quick
learner, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.

Important - good communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm,
positive can-do attitude.

MS in Math, CS, and/or EE preferred, but multimedia Ph.D. or equivalent
experience is ideal.  Otherwise, strong BS/BA in core area essential.

Activities.  Provide hands-on assistance and expert advice in all issues and
areas related to H.264.  Modify, update, test, and debug existing and new
software implementing or interfacing with H.264.

Work status.  From Independent contractor to part/full time employment.
Depending on corporate needs and growth, this could lead to long term
employment, with broadened responsibilities and opportunities.

Start:  As soon as possible

Hope you can help!

Jim