[x264-devel] Configuring by PPS / Inter Keyframe Re-Encodeing

Evgeny Yakimov john.yakimov at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:13:53 CEST 2012

> Sure, just use the same settings that you used for the original stream.

Sorry I forgot to mention in my initial post,  In my model the encoding may
be done by a 3rd party, and it is impractical for me to ask all of them for
their configuration (keep in mind some may be other encoders/main
concept/GPU based...) so I would have to do the reconfiguration by only
using the data available in the incoming stream.

The point here is not to "match" the original configuration, but to make
sure that playback can occur and switch between the two sources whilst
sharing the same headers.

Evgeny