[x264-devel] [Question] ./version.sh versions and ABI breakages

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Nov 22 00:03:57 CET 2012

Hi,
I'm one of the maintainers of x264 on rpmfusion.org and I have a
question.
We build from git clone branch stable and when we do make, now makes
/usr/lib64/libx264.so.128

soname change from .125 to .128 , this means that ABI change ?

If we update F18 repo , will have to rebuild all packages that depends
on x264-libs , because soname change, which is not a problem, which is
not clear to me is if we may have ABI breakages or not ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Sérgio M. B.