[x264-devel] Possible bug

Jan Ekström jeebjp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:31:12 CEST 2012

On 2012/10/01 10:06, Wrinkled Cheese wrote:

This seems to be because you are trying to build x264 with a libavcodec linked into it that has LAME linked to it,
and one way or another you haven't told it that you need an extra linker flag to link LAME there as well,
I would guess (not sure if pkg-config is taken into mention, but if it is you should check that you have that
libavcodec's linker flags properly set in a pc file available to x264's configure (pkg-config's search paths
can be modified by setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH before calling the configure script)).

Not that an x264 binary with LAME linked into it would really do anything, as it is an encoder and libx264
only uses libavformat/libavcodec to decode things. You usually want a basic libx264 library compiled, and
then have it linked to an ffmpeg you want to use for various usage. See configure scripts's --help to see
how to disable swscale/lavf/etc. usage in the x264 binary if you do not wish to use it.

If you really want to build x264 with this set-up, I guess --extra-ldflags="-l<LAME's linker flag>" should fix it.

Jan E