[x264-devel] lossless I-slices inside I,P,B lossy frames

Amin Zia amin.zia at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 22 01:40:22 CEST 2012

Hi List,

I am trying to encode a h264 stream video with "lossless "I-slices
that are inside some lossy encoded frames (I, P, and/or B) to allocate
more bits to those slices.

This can also be done by some sporadic I-frames in my GOPs.

Would you please let me know if this can be done by x264 encoder? I
have tried to enable loss-less encoding but it seems that the
transform is applied to the frames irrespective of whether I've enable
lossless mode or not.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Regards
Amin Zia
University of Toronto,
Toronto, Canada.