[x264-devel] can flashplayer connect to an stream which uses intra-refresh ?

Badri Gopalan badri_p_gopalan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 08:49:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

 I am having problems with Adobe flashplayer (up-to-date version) connecting to a stream
which uses intra-refresh. I generate the stream using a gstreamer pipeline and feed it to crtmpserver (www.rtmpd.com).

  A sample pipeline is:
   % gst-launch videotestsrc is-live=true ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=20/1,width=480,height=320 \
       ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc tune=zerolatency speed-preset=veryfast profile=baseline \
       intra-refresh=true pass=qual quantizer=23 \
       ! flvmux ! tcpclientsink port=6666

  This is sent to crtmpserver which publishes the stream at (say)
    rtmp://<hostname>/live/streamFlv

 I am able to read the output using rtmpdump to a file, or to view it on the command line using avplay. But flash doesnt show anything (just the rotating arrow / blank screen).

 It is worth noting that the exact same pipeline works fine on flashplayers and other players
  if the 'intra-refresh' option is removed.

 Would you have any advice or tips for me ? I am willing to dig in, but pointers would be
 much appreciated. Also, if there are some known issues with flashplayer, that would be great
 to know as well.

 I did a minor search on the archives, and on the web, but didnt come up with anything.

 The only one somewhat close, and I am not sure is authoritative, was the following link:
   http://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38860

 After all, I have read that the intra-refresh option does have the first frame as an IDR
 frame, so the above link's advice may not be valid.

 I'll also be very happy to provide a live stream if needed.

thanks,
bgpl