[x264-devel] lookahead and encoder threads sync

Axel Voss axvo at ymail.com
Thu Aug 22 19:07:30 CEST 2013

When one or more lookahead threads are started and we have several encoder threads, how does it work the syncronizing?
When I check it with  valgrind  tool=helgrind there are some race condition problems in interlaced mode. I found that in mpeg2 some enoceer threads call unsynced mbaff routines. It does not happen in avc mode. I have coreccted this with mutex lock. But it seems that's not the solving the original Problem. What is the plan for that?