[x264-devel] Potential bug in transform bypass 8x8

Alain Champenois achampen at matrox.com
Thu Jul 4 22:39:16 CEST 2013

On 06/21/2013 06:38 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> This can already be done with --no-8x8dct, so I'm not sure it's worth
> bothering hacking into x264.

Ok, so to wrap-up this thread, should x264 internaly force --no8x8dct when
lossless mode is enabled ?

With negligible compression loss, this will garanty that lossless mode become
compliant with the H.264 spec, while remaining compatible with libavcodec.

The patch submitted in my previous post (June 23) is quite simple: during
the params setting for lossless (encoder.c), an existing special case of
lossless+cavlc+8x8dct now become default.

  Regards
  Alain